Jeffrey V. Stripto
Mr. Stripto has always known that he wanted to be a trial lawyer. He began his legal education in high school while working at the law firm of Drazin & Warshaw in Red Bank, NJ. He continued to work there throughout high school, college, and into law school to gain knowledge and experience about the practice of law. Mr. Stripto attended High School at Christian Brothers Academy in Lincroft, NJ. He attended college at Seton Hall University, where he received a Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science with minor in Business Administration. He began his formal legal education at Pace University School of Law where he focused on becoming a trial attorney as a member of the civil mock trial team. He also participated in the Pace Immigration Law Clinic, where he handled Asylum claims and attended hearing before the U.S. Immigration Court. He received his Juris Doctor from Pace University in 1999. While attending Pace, Mr. Stripto continued to expand his legal knowledge by working for a Federal Bankruptcy Trustee and as a paralegal at the Bronx District Attorney’s Office. He also became a student member of Association of Trial Lawyers.
Upon graduation from Pace University, Mr. Stripto was admitted to the bar in both New Jersey and New York. Mr. Stripto immediately joined the Association for Justice – New Jersey (formerly known as Association of Trial Lawyers – New Jersey), where he has been an active member since 1999. He began practicing that following August with Drazin & Warshaw in Red Bank, New Jersey. Mr. Stripto immediately was assigned the responsibilities of preparing and taking to trial many personal injury cases and continued to do so until March of 2003, when he joined the Law Offices of Robert A. Olkowitz, P.C. Upon his arrival at the Law Offices of Robert A. Olkowitz, the focus of his practice expanded from personal injury to workers compensation and Social Security disability matters. In October of 2005, he became a partner.
In September of 2008, Mr. Stripto became associated with the Law Office of Roy D. Curnow where he continued to handle Personal Injury, Products Liability, Medical Malpractice, Workers Compensation and Social Security Disability Appeals. In January of 2014, Mr. Stripto became a partner in the newly formed law office of Curnow & Stripto.
Mr. Stripto has handled both jury and non-jury trials in NJ Superior Court and NJ Workers Compensation Court. He has handle countless Social Security Disability hearing before Administrative Law Judges. Mr. Stripto has been passionate and very effective in his efforts to fight for and obtain the benefits and compensation to which his clients are entitled.
Mr. Stripto has attended countless seminars and presentations by NJ-AJ (ATLA-NJ). He also became a member of the New Jersey State Bar Association, as well as, the Monmouth Bar Association in 2000 where he participated in Inns of the Court. This is a two year program where state judges and experienced attorneys work with new attorneys discussing and analyzing legal issues. Mr. Stripto was also hired as an adjunct professor.
Areas Of Practice
- 40% Personal Injury
- 40% Workers’ Compensation
- 20% Social Security Disability
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- New Jersey, 1999
- New York, 2000
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 1999
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 2002
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 2002
- Pace University School of Law, White Plains, New York
- Seton Hall University, South Orange, New Jersey
- Major: Political Science
- Adjunct Professor, Paralegal department at Brookdale Community College, teaches courses in Workers Compensation and Social Security Disability, 2007 – 2008
Honors And Awards
- Inns of the Court, 2000 – 2002
Professional Associations And Memberships
- New Jersey Chapter, Association For Justice, Member, 1999 – Present
- Monmouth County Bar Association, 2000 – Present
- New Jersey State Bar Association, 2000 – Present
Past Employment Positions
- Drazin & Warshaw, Associate, 1999 – 2003
- Law Office of Robert A. Olkowitz, Associate 2003-2005; Partner 2005-2011